Boosting the online visibility of your NetSuite eCommerce business is essential if you hope to thrive in the industry. The reason why it is so important is because achieving success in the business is predicated on potential customers being able to find you online. Once you’ve been able to effectively market your eCommerce business, you’ll begin to reap the rewards via increased traffic to your site, a higher rate of generated leads, and more inquiries regarding the goods and services you provide. Today, we help you build an effective eCommerce Search Engine Marketing strategy.
Increase the Online Visibility of Your eCommerce Business
The best way to increase the exposure of your eCommerce business is through Search Engine Marketing or SEM. This form of marketing refers to paid or sponsored targeted advertising, where a business’s ads appear at the top of search engine results pages (also known as SERPs). The goal is to get your ad on the first page of a SERP, because, the majority of people who input a query into a search engine, don’t venture past that page.
The foundation of SEM is reliant on keywords. This is because users input keywords into search bars to find whatever it is they are looking for. What’s important for eCommerce business owners in the midst of crafting a search engine marketing strategy is:
- Research – Researching keywords is an essential component of effective marketing. Effective marketing consists of finding relevant keywords using free keyword tools, like Google Ads. Keyword research will not only help you determine the best keywords to include in your ads, but it will also help you pinpoint negative keywords, which refers to irrelevant terms.
- Account Structure – Organization is key to the success of your search engine marketing campaign. An optimally structured account is comprised of five elements; ad campaign, ad groups, keywords, ad text, and landing pages.
- Winning Ad Auctions – An ad auction is referred to as an auction that selects which ads appear in SERPs, based on several variables. For those wondering how you win, search engines like Google take two things into account; one, your maximum bid, and second, the quality score of your ads.
Other Best Practices for eCommerce Search Engine Marketing
- Identify Your Buyer Persona: your buyer persona is a profile of your ideal customer. Before setting up any marketing campaign, it’s important to identify this persona thoroughly so that you know everything about them. Many businesses give this persona a name and create campaigns to specifically target them. You’ll save a lot on wasted ad dollars if you know your target audience that well.
- Pay Attention to Your Site Structure: How user-friendly your site structure is may have a direct effect on your SERP rankings. Google crawlers rely on the hierarchy of a site to discover and group different categories or products together. Having a clear and easy-to-understand hierarchy will not only help Google find your pages more easily but also provide customers with a better experience.
- Invest Time in Creating an Effective Sales Funnel: To effectively sell to a customer, you need to understand them well. That’s why it’s important to pay attention to the customer buying cycle and craft your messages accordingly. There are generally five stages a customer has to go through when making a purchase: awareness, research, comparison, purchase, and retention. Each stage calls for a different type of conversation to move the customer toward the end of the funnel. Bear that in mind when creating content for your target audience.
Successful eCommerce businesses know how to leverage the power of experienced marketing agencies to achieve their end goal. To find out how to optimize your NetSuite eCommerce growth strategy, contact us today!
Get to know all our Growth services here: